Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life is Good!

I haven't blogged since Violet's birth, but my blessings continue to multiply, and I will attempt to reveiw some of them.

The end of April and beginning of May, I moved with the help of wonderful family and Ward members to a cute little house in Lehi (actually Saratoga Springs with a Lehi zip code). I'm only a few blocks away from Cami's family and just a few miles from Laura's. Being that close to them is a blessing for me. I'm still not too far from Curt's family (10-15 minutes). The Summer has passed, I'm still not quite settled, but I am happy.

I was able to transfer to our Lindon office front counter, so I don't have to commute to Sandy! This has been a blessing in many ways...I was gettting burned out at the call center, and then gas prices went sky high! I've been there since May 19 and have no regrets!

June gave me the opportunity of watching Laura's kiddies for about a week while she and Jeff went on a Caribbean vacation with Jeff's family. Thanks to Cami and Angie who watched them during the day while I worked for 3 days. I really love all of my grandchildren, and I was able to bond with Ella, Ty and Crew during that time. We had a great time. They are precious, and I was exhausted!. We have since been informed that they will have a little brother in December!. Ty still loves anything with wheels! He asks sooooo many questions! We went on a date since then to the car wash and to a car dealership. It was so fun...he was most facinated with the manual window rollers in one particular jeep. He's now in pre school and doing great! I love it when Crew gets so excited to see me. He runs to me saying Yia Yia Yia Yia, jumps in my arms and gives me the best hugs!

Ella turned 5 in July. She had a very successful pool party with her friends. I was able to celebrate with her and family at Check E Chees after work. She is a very smart, loving and pretty little girl. She's started Kindergarten and is loving it! We go shopping together and she helped me clean house yesterday. She dusted and helped clean cupboards and the fridge!!!

Nolan's 1st birthday in July was a blast. I stayed in the shade poolside with Violet while the rest of the family enjoyed the water. It was such a fun day, the pizza was good. Nolan LOVED his cake...and he wore it from head to toe! Nolan is still a Mama's and Daddy's boy, and occasionally he will let me hug him, but only if his parents are gone! His smile lights up the room, and he walks all over the place now!

I get to watch Hazel and Violet sometimes when DJ and Cami go on motorcycle rides or if they both have Church activities at the same time. Those little girls are so cute! Hazel has the cutest walk (arm swinging) and the sweetest voice. She answers No when she means Yes, and she is quite mischievous! She putting sentences together, too. Violet loves her bottle and usually wants it right now! She doing great on solids now, too and she's just plain sweet!

Payton and Hudson live with their parents in Reno. Cara sends lots of pictures via email showing how they are really growing up. I haven't seen them in almost a year, and it breaks my heart! Hudson just turned 1 last week, and seems like such a happy guy...always smiling! Payton would rather have a little sister, so I'm told! She is such a talented artist! I'm amazed at what she can draw and she's only 4!!!!!! Maybe I can scan and post the picture she sent me....we'll see!

Some of the High School friends met last month at RaNae's beautiful home. I wish all could have come, I really missed Pam, LouAnn and DeAnn. It was great seeing Trudy again! I'm so glad Bessie came. Myra is always delightful, and Cathy made wonderful bruchetta! We ate yummy salads and had such a good time! RaNae's husband Barry (also a fellow classmate) played the piano for us. I'm looking forward to reading the book he has taken over 10 years to write. It is about he area where we grew up along with dutch oven recipes!

That evening after our luncheon, my cousin Becki threw her cousin Cathy (and her twin Rick) a surprise 60th birthday party. Cathy is one of my high school friends, and since we share cousins, we consider each other cousins too. It was such a fun evening. Cousin Harriet came all the way from Montana! I haven't seen her in at least 20 years. Cousin Sharon and hubby Dick were there too...I love being with them! Becki has a beautiful home, I'm so proud of her. It was good talking with Brenda, too....she did great at the bbq, and was anxious about maybe being a Yia Yia that day (but didn't happen until later). Angelique and Tia are absolutely gorgeous! It was good seeing everyone.

The previous month, high school friend Bessie was surprised with a 60th birthday party given by her children, sister and nephew. Bessie was really surprised. I hadn't seen her since high school! She has raised 2 beautiful and loving children and has made a wonderful life for herself after some serious setbacks. The food was fabulous and tasty..best dolmathes I've ever tasted!

I enjoyed a short visit with a friend of mine from Boulder City, Shelley Garrett Schofield. We went to dinner and got all caught up! Life is crazy in her world (as usual!) but she is in love with her husband Bill and enjoys her kids and grandkids, too! She caught the wedding bouquet at Laura and Jeff's reception, and was married to the guy she didn't even know then within 6 months after cathing the bouquet!

My sister and Ed are good to me, and hopefully Iwill be able to spend some time with her around my birthday next month. She always shares Blakeisms that I enjoy! Blake cracks me up. Chris, Natalie and 1 1/2 year old Carson will welcome a little girl into their family in January...congrats! Joelle is working in California. I haven't seen or her or heard her shoes clunk for a while! Stef is working hard and enjoys performing in different musical venues. I will have to see/hear her perform some day!

I almost forgot to mention Cousin Sharon's surprise 60th party in May. (It happened as I was moving!) She was late because we was playing WII! Eric and Lisa really did it up right! The catered BBQ was fabulous! We all love Sharon....all my Utah kids/grandkids came to help her celebrate!

I've celebrated enough 60th birthdays (surprise ones, no less) this year! I just want a regular, out to lunch or dinner or just cake and ice cream with my family. with no emphasis on the 60!

I will post more as I remember more. This blog is really my journal, and for my benefit. I am truly blessed with a wonderful life with loving and supportive friends and family!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Susan you updated! It's great to hear you are doing well. And you live so close to me!! We need to have you, DJ, Cami and your 2 cute grand babies over. You have more than 2, but I am partial to Hazy and Violet!

Stef said...

I just want to point out that i am SO THANKFUL.. that you love me enough to include me in your update!! It means a lot to me. I miss you auntie! lets go to lunch sometime! love you!

Angela Cloyd said...

I love your update, and your description of all the grandchildren. They all have their own individual personalities that's for sure. It is so fun watching them grow. They all love their Yia Yia!